Ginger Biscuits ~ Special Valentine's

18:30

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Ginger Biscuits

Hey, guys! Don't feel like going out for a meal, fancy a special night in with your love instead? Need a snack to eat whilst watching tv together, this is the recipe for you.
 I am back with another recipe, it makes around 15 biscuits depending on what shape and how big you decide to make them. The biscuits are very tasty personally, I prefer to use ginger but if you don't like ginger then you can always use chocolate chips.

Ingredients

  • Plain Flour ~ 225g
  • Salt ~ 1/4  teaspoon
  • Baking powder ~ 1/2 teaspoon
  • Caster sugar ~ 100g
  • Butter ~ 225g
  • Ground Ginger - 1 1/2 teaspoon or 125g of chocolate chips if you don't like Ginger.
  • icing sugar ~ small amount just to sprinkle over at the end

Equipment

  • Weighing Scales
  • 2 bowls
  • Wooden spoon
  • 1 or 2 baking trays 
  • Greaseproof paper ( You cannot grease with butter for this recipe)
  • Rolling pin
  • A shaped cutter

Method

Before you start making the mix you will need to preheat your oven to 150°c or gas mark 4. You will also need to put greaseproof paper over 2 baking trays so they ready for when you need them.

Firstly, you will need to weigh out your plain flour in a bowl (sieve if you would like to) and add your salt and baking powder into the same bowl as the flour. Place these ingredients aside as you will not need them yet.


Next you will need to weigh out you butter and sugar in a bowl ( not the same one that the dry ingredients are in) then cream together until they are smooth.

Once the butter and sugar are creamed together you will need to start to gradually pour the dry ingredients in whilst mixing. Mix  until all the dry ingredients are combined.You will then need to add your flavour either your 1 1/2 teaspoon of ginger or 125g of chocolate chips.


Once the flavour is added mix well to ensure all ingredients are combined. You will then need to make the dough into a ball so you may need to use your hands for this. Once in a ball shape, make sure you flour your surface before putting the dough on it, otherwise, it will stick, also flour your rolling pink to help prevent sticking. If you are unable to make it into a ball because it is too sticky add more flour to help.


Now you'll need to roll out the dough, make it is around 5mm thick and then use a cutter to get the shape you want. If you don't have a biscuit cutter instead of rolling the dough out just make small dough balls.


Once you have cut them out put them straight onto your baking tray, I used 2 trays as there was quite a lot of dough for me.

Cook for around 15 minutes until they are a soft brown colour.When cooked wait until they have cooled down before moving off the tray as they may break when you first take them out of the oven they may still be a bit soft but as they cool they will harden.

When they have finished cooling sieve some icing sugar over the top just so you get a slightly sweet taste on as soon as you bite in. The dusting of icing sugar is optional, I  think a dusting of icing sugar makes them look pretty. I also topped it will a strawberry, I recommend doing this if you are going to present these biscuits at an afternoon tea or party or something on them lines. And if you want to make them extra special melt chocolate to make a thick chocolatey dip or drizzle over the top.

In my opinion, I find these Ginger biscuits are super easy to make and very tasty. All together with cooking time they took me around 25-30 minutes and whilst they are cooking I cleaned up.

Feel free to share this post using the button below, and go follow me on twitter @Aquatera261 , my aim for the end of the month is 100 followers and whilst I'm here I would just like to thank everyone for the amazing support I have had so far for my blog I really appreciate it.
 I hope you guys had a fantastic Valentines day 2016 and enjoy trying this recipe!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Totally have to try these. I love ginger... nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very tasty, if you do tweet me how they turn out! x

      Delete

Popular Posts

x
Subscribe
emailSubscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...
Delivered by FeedBurner | powered by blogtipsntricks